Two factor authentication (2FA) setup
At HighCohesion security is of upmost importance, which is why we enforce two factor authentication (2FA) on all Control Panel users. 2FA requires a user to enter two different types of information to access your account:
- 1.The email and password you have decided yourself
- 2.An automatically generated code by an external application, such as Google Authenticator or Authy
Following the steps below you will be up and running in only a couple of minutes!
The following steps will guide you through setting up two factor authentication on your account login. The things that you'll need are listed below:
- 1.A HighCohesion account and valid login credentials
- 2.An authentication app on your computer or mobile phone. Popular free options for this are:
When creating a new User two factor authentication is automatically enforced. When logging into your account for the first time, you will complete the setup following these steps:
- 1.Log in to your HighCohesion account using your email and password
- 2.You will now be presented with a QR code (see image below)
- 3.Open your chosen authenticator app and select the "add new" option
- 4.Scan the QR-code displayed on the page after login. If you are unable to scan the QR-code, the code below the QR-code can be entered manually
- 5.Enter the code as generated by the authenticator app in the free text field
- 6.Click "Validate"
- 7.If you have entered the correct code you will be redirected to the Control Panel homepage
- 8.If you have entered the wrong code, you will be asked to re-enter the code as automatically generated by the Authenticator app
Save the reset code somewhere safe! This is the absolute easiest way to quickly and safely reset your account should you delete the authenticator app configuration by mistake.
Once you have followed the steps above to setup two factor authentication on your account you will be asked for an authentication code on each login. When logging in, open the authenticator app and type in the 6 digit code.
If you have deleted the authentication app and lost your reset code, please send an email to [email protected]