Comment on page
Step 6 - Run your stream
The HighCohesion system allows for manual execution of a stream. To run a service manually, please follow these steps:
- 1.From the control panel, go to the Streams section
- 2.Here you will see a list of streams that you have setup under your account, in this list find the stream that you would like to update.
- 3.On the far right hand side of the row, there is a small eye / view icon.
- 4.Press this icon to load the view screen.
- 5.On the view stream screen, look to the top right and you will see a dropdown entitled Select Actions and a small play button.
- 6.From the actions dropdown, select Manual Run.
- 7.Press the play button.
- 8.You will then get an options popup, enter any required additional settings in this box.
- 9.Press the pink Run Action button.
- 10.The stream will then be queued to run as soon as possible.
A HighCohesion stream allows for data streaming to occur, however the stream is simple the configuration for for the the data stream. Once activated, either manually or via a schedule, the stream will lead to the creation of the following (in order of hierarchy).
- Jobs - A stream will create a job. When a stream is executed, it will create a Job. A manual job is set to run as soon as possible (in line with system capacity at the time) and a scheduled job is set to run at the next defined interval.
- Events - A job creates between zero and many events. Events are created when the job finds relevant data in the source system. If no data is found, no events will be created.
- Entities - Events create or update entities. Entities relate to data that is contained within an event.
We recommend reading the information about Reporting that will give further insight in to how this data is used by HighCohesion or can be used by you to review what is happening when the stream is executed.