Shopify with ReBOUND
Tutorial on how to setup a Shopify with ReBOUND integration via HighCohesion.
This tutorial will guide you through how to setup a Shopify to ReBOUND returns integration via the HighCohesion system.
The video walkthrough of this integration is shown below:
This tutorial should be followed to create a Shopify to ReBOUND integration in just a few quick steps. These steps assume that you have the following accounts and information to hand:
- Shopify Store - An active Shopify or Shopify Plus store.
- ReBOUND Account - A ReBOUND account and have the login username and API key to hand.
All of the following steps should be taken in order. Unless specified the steps assume that you are logged in to the HighCohesion control panel.
The first step is to add the system account keys. The keys are what the HighCohesion system use to connect to the 3rd party system, for example API credentials or login details.
In the control panel click on the Keys link from the left navigation and then press the Add Key button located at the top right of the page.
The next page will be the create key form, you will need to enter the following settings before pressing save.
- Title - A title for the key your creating, e.g. "ReBOUND Test Key"
- System - Select the system from the dropdown list, in this case "Rebound"
- Content - Add the following details to the credentials section:
- login = Your login/username for your account.
- api_key = Your api key for your account.
Once you have pressed save on the first create key form you will be returned to the list of existing keys. You'll need to press the Create Key link once more to add the Shopify key. As this integration will use Shopify notifications, there is no need to add any specific API credentials. Simply add the following details in to the create key form:
- Title - A title for the key your creating, e.g. "Shopify Test Key"
- System - Select the system from the dropdown list, in this case "Shopify"
- Content - Leave all inputs blank, scroll down and press save.
Our next step is to define the source. Navigate to the Sources link from the left hand navigation in the HighCohesion control panel, then select the "Create Source" button (located at the top right side of the screen. The next page will load the source form, in that form complete the following information:
- Title - Create a title for the source, normally "Shopify Orders web hook".
- System - Select "Shopify" from the dropdown.
- Function - Select "GetOrders::fromShopify()" from the dropdown.
- Key - Select the name of the key defined in step one "Shopify Test Key".
- Trigger - Select the "Static web hook" option.
- Settings - Leave empty.
Next up is the destination for the data to be sent to. To add the destination, click on the Destinations link from the left hand nav and then press the "Create Destination" button at the top right of the page. Then enter the following details in to the form:
- Title - Create a title for the destination, normally "ReBOUND Orders".
- System - Select "ReBOUND" from the dropdown.
- Function - Select "PostOrders::toRebound()" from the dropdown.
- Key - Select the name of the key defined in step one "ReBOUND Test Key".
- Trigger - Select the "Real Time" option.
- Settings - Leave empty.
Step four in the process is to configure the Stream. The stream in HighCohesion terms is the part that brings all of the settings together in to an active integration. To set this up, select the Streams option from the left hand navigation. Then on the next page press the "Create Stream" button at the top right side of the page. On the next page, complete the following settings:
- Title - Create a title for the stream, e.g "Shopify x ReBOUND Orders".
- Description - Optional, e.g. "Shopify x ReBOUND Orders"
- Source - From the dropdown, select the destination "Shopify Orders web hook", as created in step 2 above.
- Transformation - from the dropdown select the public transformation file "Shopify x ReBOUND :: Sales Orders".
- Destination - From the dropdown, select the destination "ReBOUND Orders", as created in step 3 above.
- Data Type - For the data type enter: sales_order
- Active - Tick this option to activate the stream.
The final step before testing is to add the web hook notification in the Shopify admin area. To do this follow these steps inside of the Shopify & HighCohesion control panels:
- 1.In the HighCohesion control panel, click on the Streams link from the left hand navigation. Then click on the View link for the stream created in Step 4 above.
- 2.On the stream view page, you will see the web hook notification URL that is unique to your stream. Copy this URL as we will use it in the next step.
- 3.In the Shopify admin area, click on the Settings link (bottom left side of the page)
- 4.From the settings screen, select the Notifications option.
- 5.Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Webhook section, here press the Create Webhook button.
- 6.In the popup box, enter the following settings:
- Event - Select Order Create from the dropdown list.
- Format - Leave as default: JSON.
- URL - Paste in the URL that was copied from the stream view page above.
- Version - Select the (Latest) version.
The stream has been setup with a Shopify web hook notification to trigger. The testing process therefore is as simple as creating an order in the Shopify system. This can be created in either the admin area or the front end of the website. Once the order is created, Shopify will send the order data to the HighCohesion system via a notification system. HighCohesion will then convert the data in to ReBOUND format and pass the data on to the ReBOUND orders API.
Remember that all orders will be trackable in the HighCohesion control panel as events. This allows you to see the events as they're created and also track the success or failure rates through to the ReBOUND system.
Congratulations, you are now setup and ready to enjoy a working Shopify x ReBOUND integration.
Can I have a two streams to cover my ReBOUND test and production accounts? Yes! Simply repeat the steps above in the HighCohesion control panel to setup two different streams with different keys. For example you Could have two different ReBOUND keys, one for production and one for test and then two different streams+destinations for each.
There are no events appearing in the HighCohesion control panel? The most common cause of no events appearing in the HighCohesion control panel is that the stream URL is not correct in the Shopify web hook URL setting. To resolve, double check that the URL has been copied and pasted correctly.
How can I stop the events or turn off the integration? The quickest way to stop the integration is to delete the notification web hook in the Shopify control panel. This will stop any data from being sent to HighCohesion and subsequently ReBOUND.