Comment on page
Securely stored access credentials for your systems.
Gaining secure access to the systems that you need to integrate is central to building a working solution on HighCohesion. Our Keys system allows you to securely add access credentials in to the HighCohesion system via the Control Panel.
Security is always the main concern when it comes to system access credentials. This is why we have taken extra precautions when it comes to the transfer and storage of your Keys in our system. Our system uses:
- SSL encryption between the browser and the server ensuring that the data transmitted is encrypted.
- At rest encryption in the secure storage facility where the keys are stored.
- Method of Least Privilege Permissions in our access levels to the key storage area, meaning only the correct access is granted to use the credentials.
Quite often the easiest way in to the system is via your user account in the control panel. Please ensure that you activate the multi factor authentication option on your account as soon as it is setup to increase the security on your login.
To add a new set of credentials in to your High Cohesion account, please follow these steps:
- 2.At the top right hand side of the page, press the button that says Create Key.
- 3.This will then load the new Key form. On this form complete the following options:
- 1.System - This is a drawn down list of the systems available in the High Cohesion system. Please select from this list the system that the credentials are required for. When you select a system, a Key Template will automatically load in to the credentials box below, this will give you a template for the credentials that you need to add.
- 2.Title - Give the Key a title that is relative to the credentials, for example: "Live UK Shopify" or "GBP Staging Store" etc.
- 3.Credentials - Once a system is selected the input boxes relative to the system will be shown in the credentials section.
- 4.Once the credentials have been added, press the save button at the bottom left of the page.
- 5.The new credentials will now be securely saved and available to use in the system.
If passwords or other credentials change over time, it is essential that you update the key in the High Cohesion control panel swiftly. This is easy and securely done by following the steps below:
- 2.Here you will see a list of Keys that you have setup under your account, in this list find the Key that you would like to update.
- 3.On the far right hand side of the row, there is a small pen and paper icon.
- 4.Press this icon to load the edit screen, the credentials will be available for editing. Please note that details are hashed to provide security. Hashed values will no be changed upon save.
- 5.Once updated, press the save button at the bottom left of the page.
- 6.The updated credentials will now be securely saved and active in the system.
A key can be securely deleted from the High Cohesion control panel when it is no longer required. To do this follow these steps:
- 2.Here you will see a list of Keys that you have setup under your account, in this list find the Key that you would like to remove.
- 3.On the far right hand side of the row, there is a small Bin icon.
- 4.Press this to remove the credentials from the system.